Welcome to Ascot Medical Centre
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help to anyone visiting. It should provide our patients with the information they require about the practice in an easy and convenient format
Dr Kathy Crisp - RIP
It is with great sadness that we need to inform our patients that Dr Kathy Crisp died on Monday 9th November.
We know all patients will join the practice staff in thinking of Dr Crisp's family at this time.
The family requested that patients were told after the funeral which took place on Monday 23rd November.
The family have asked for no flowers instead anyone can make a donation to the Woking and Sam Beare Hospices at
http:/Katherine.crisp.muchloved.com/ or there are collecting tins at the reception of Ascot Medical Centre.
There is a Condolence book at Ascot Medical Centre Reception Desk, for anyone who would like to write a message for Kathy's family.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing the specialist management of long term conditions. A wide range of health care issues are covered by appointments offered at the surgery.
Partners in Care
Once registered patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and what the practice is offering are heading in the same direction.
Statement of Purpose
Ascot Medical Centre, Gate 3, Forest Lodge, Kings Ride, Ascot, SL5 8AA
The practice has the following aims and objectives:
1. To provide the highest standards of patient care available on the NHS.
2. To ensure that patients are seen by the most appropriate health professional in an appropriate timescale.
3. To ensure that all patients are fully informed and involved in decisions about their health, creating a partnership between the patient and health care professionals.
4. To focus on disease prevention through health promotion and preventative medicine.
5. To ensure that patients are, at all times and by all members of the practice, treated with respect and dignity and without discrimination.
6. To ensure that all members of the practice team have the correct skills and on going training to deliver our aims and objectives in a patient centered way.
7. To provide a safe, comfortable and friendly practice environment for the benefit of both patients and staff.
8. To continuously seek to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the services we provide, involving the patients in our practice and development plans.
9. To maintain quality of life and an effective work/life balance for all staff to safeguard the practice and ensure sustainability.
www.frimleyhealth.nhs.uk - our local NHS Foundation Trust
www.radnorhousesurgery.co.uk - the surgery we are now merged with
www.berkshirecarers.org - local carers association which is an excellent resource for patients to use where appropriate.
(Site updated 25/11/2015)